It's that time again! Wow, September (and all of 2014 really), has been just flying by! Another month, another tag to attempt.
And when I say "attempt", I mean it.
This month's tag should be titled "Making Lemonade From Lemons". You see, I try to learn the techniques Tim demonstrates each month... that's the purpose of these things, after all. Yet this month, I'll be danged if I could get the background effect he created with his alcohol inks and blending solution. It's not his fault, but mine - I didn't have the exact supplies on hand and left it too late this month to acquire them. So I tried the best I could with what I had on hand. The result? Well, three failed attempts at the proper backgrounds; first in yellow, then red, then green.
But being the
I stamped the yellow and red glossy papers with Tim's script stamp in archival ink. The green sheets were cut to size and inked on the edge with Walnut Stain.
Since I also didn't have Tim's newest butterfly die, I used his "Butterflight" On The Edge die and cut them out into individual insects.
I decided to ink the edges of them too - I love the difference this little step makes!
As usual, I was making two tags; one for me and one for a display at the Scrapbook Cottage. I used Ranger's Archival ink to stamp the plants at the bottom of each card and glued them to black tags I cut with Tim's Tag die.
After attaching the butterflies with Glossy Accents, I added rub-ons from Tim's Botanical Remnant Rubs - the glossy paper really grabbed these - I had to be careful to position them just so as there was no second chance to fix them if I screwed up.
Actually, I think I love the blurry background with the jet black stamped images...
Come to think of it, I love lemonade too! ;)