Since I am still on vacation until the 6th, after the rush of Christmas I had a few days to get into the Studio and work on a project I was asked to do for The Scrapbook Cottage here in Winnipeg. They gave me a 12 x 12 pad of Graphic 45's Bohemian Bazaar paper, Graphic 45's 8 x 8 Kraftboard Altered Art Matchbook box, Graphic 45 metal door pulls, some cardstock, ScorTape and Prima flowers and basically gave me free reign to come up with something they can display at the store. (As always, click to biggify any of the images)
How exciting! I have never altered one of these boxes before, so I wanted to make something really different... I painted the whole thing with black acrylics, got out my trusty Tim Holtz window dies again and using chipboard, cut out two windows and made a flower box underneath, painting with some Heidi Swapp paint I got years ago.
Using a few strips of black chipboard inside the window box, I was able to layer a whole bunch of fussy-cut flowers from the Bohemian Bazaar paper for a 3D effect. I used Claudine Hellmuth's Multi-Matte on each flower and leaf to strengthen them, after outlining with my black Copic marker.
I used paper from the supplied pad and lined the inside of the box, finishing the inner edges with a length of soft cotton rope. I also attached the door pull before adhering the paper, to hide the brads.
I wanted to include a small journal, so I followed Anne at Anne's Paper Creations instructions - the same ones I used for my Steampunk Journal (thank you dear Anne!), this time making only three pages. Since I was supplied with 8.5 x 11 cardstock, I had to make the inner page folds simple... but it couldn't be too bulky as it still had to fit inside the box anyway.
I added three lacy Prima Chantelle Medallion Flowers to the front of the journal, tinting with Copic # BG49 marker and Tim Holtz' Alcohol Blending Solution to wick the colour from the edges to the center. Since the stamens got tinged with blue too, I cut a protective collar to paint them with the Heidi Swapp paint.
So here's the final project complete...
Instead of posting still photos of each page of the journal, I made a short video!
I hope you enjoyed seeing my latest project; tomorrow I will be bringing it to The Scrapbook Cottage - since this is my first assignment from them, I sure hope they like it!