Here are links to the first four parts to this story:
Halloween Apothecary - Part One
Halloween Apothecary - Part Two
Halloween Apothecary - Part Three
Halloween Apothecary - Part Four
I have already explained how I made the teenie set of scales... the only other items on the top of this part include two more antique bottles and another small dragon bead that was repainted - it used to be a gaudy green and yellow.
The hook on this side holds a sprig of thyme. I wanted some drying herbs, so I pinched a small bit from my plant on the deck and wound a piece of baker's twine around it (after colouring orange with Copics) and hung it from the Tim Holtz fastener re-formed into a hook.
There are only 8 bottles in this section that are labelled and filled:
Wool Of Bat - Yep, that's real wool alright - however, it's sheep, not BAT wool... from dear Sarah at Punkin's Patch.
Flesh Eating Slug Repellant - Another Harry Potter reference... Hagrid always had a good supply on hand. This was the first potion I mixed up; alcohol hand sanitizer with green alcohol ink.
Snakeskin - Okay, it's actually glue imprints of MY skin. As I was adhering labels and getting really messy, I thought it would be cool to peel off my fingerprints in the dried glue for some neat effects.
Bubotuber Pus (Undiluted) - Simply alcohol sanitizer and orange alcohol ink.
The final four in this part:
Bat Spleen - This time I poured small drops of glue on my Ranger craft mat and let them dry overnight. Then I inked them with their Eggplant dye, rolled them up and popped them into this tall tube.
Griffin Bone - Being a Gryffindor at Pottermore, I wanted to make this ingredient extra special. So I added a crystal to the silver-painted cork and filled the bottle with Martha Stewart Extra Fine White Glitter. Love the shimmer!
Purple Potion - a mysterious concoction in a real laboratory 10ml flask. A mixture of alcohol sanitizer and purple Copic refill ink.
Witches Brew - I added a silver base to this bottle and adhered a metallic marble for the stopper. Black and silver acrylic paint was layered on the inside and also painted for a striped effect on the drip making its way down the outside of the bottle.
One more post to go to complete this project... up next, the center section.