With just a few days to go, I still haven't finished my Easter cards! Yikes!
Well, I got ONE done so far. Just a simple card with no extra drawings this time. I guess I'd better get busy tonight to get the other two finished...
Here is a closeup of Tilda on this one. I used lavender Stickles on the egg, and popped her up on dimensionals over some cute paper. These sheets perfectly matched a heart I had previously made for another card but never ended up using - made from a Spellbinder's scalloped heart die, then run through my Cuttlebug for the dot embossing. Copics were used to colour it and then I sanded it down a tad to highlight the dots. Of course, Tilda was coloured with Copics.
I thought I'd include a few photos of my Magnolia stamp organization today. I have 34 of these cute stamps already, and I soon outgrew the small container I was storing them in. So I went out and bought another D ring binder to match the others in my room, plastic dividers and heavy duty top loading full sheet plastic pockets. I cut off the tabs on the dividers and adhered regular copy paper to each one to make them more sturdy to slide in and out of their pockets.
Each page has two stamps; I stamped a sample and then labelled them with some peel off sticker file folder labels. I then keep the stamp itself on the package it came in; it sticks nicely to the outside of the clear envelope! So when I want a certain stamp, I simply pull out the sheet and peel it off the package. Easy peasy!
You may have noticed that spreadsheet on the left... yes, I keep a spreadsheet of all the stamps I have, and want to get in the future. I record the stamp name, an image, where I bought it, when I purchased it, and a few comments about it. It's an easy way to ensure I don't accidentally get a double! (Yes, I AM OCD, how'd you guess???)
I found that when I stacked up the pages though, that I had to alternate the location of packages on the pages; so I adhered the packages on the top of one sheet, the bottom of the next, so the pages would lay flat. I have already nearly filled this binder! (Oh what a shame....) ;)
You may have noticed I have a binder for my Spellbinders on that shelf too. I only have six sets so far, but I store them in a similar way. I purchased full page size magnetic sheets, adhered them to the plastic dividers for stability, then slide them into the same heavy duty plastic pockets. The dies snap to them very well, and it's so easy to see what I need and where it needs to go back! I didn't like that sticky tape they come on; it would often get stuck on my cardstock when I ran them through my Cuttlebug.
Here are the card details:
Background purple paper: K & Co Matted paper: Magnolia Stickles on egg: Milled Lavender